- Where did you grow up? Tell us a little about it. I am an AZ Native! I was born in Phoenix and raised on the west side in Glendale. I have lived all over AZ (with a small 1 year stint in NYC) but I love it here!
- How did you get your start in tech? It started when I worked for GoDaddy.com. I was one of 10 females in sales at that time and it was awesome to learn about everything from the UI side. Shortly after leaving, I became part owner in a student travel company called EXP Trips. We decided to develop an app called TripLeader that would help us do our jobs better and keep students safer! I love tech and how much it changes so rapidly!
- If you weren’t in tech, what would you be doing? I would be teaching. I was a high school marketing and business teacher for a year and a half and loved it! Unfortunately, teachers don’t make enough to survive in AZ so I made the move back to tech!
- What does a typical weekend look like in your life? Hanging out with my 2 year old adorable daughter doing something fun, running errands or adventuring around AZ!
- What makes you tick? What drives you?
I am definitely driven by watching my projects come to life! I love the entire experience from conception to the result! I also thrive on a productive team environment. When everyone is sharing ideas and really pushing a project to it’s full potential I get really excited.
My daughter drives me everyday to provide an amazing life for the 2 of us. Just her presence makes me want to be a better person to everyone in my life as a living example of how I want her to be.
- What’s the favorite part of your job? I love finding problems! Haha! I am also a stickler for a great product and user experience so for me, it comes naturally to give ideas on how things can be improve and become better.
- Here are a few black-and-white questions:
- Day or night? Day
- Dogs or cats? DOGS FOR SURE!
- Walking or running? Walking
- Coffee or tea? Coffee
- Donuts or bagels? Donuts
- Cup or mug? Cup
- Mac or PC? Mac! Apple is life
- Pen or pencil? Pen
- Sketch or draw? Neither? I am terrible at both!
- iPhone or Android? iPhone
- And here are a few more…not so black-and-white ones!
- Red, white or blue? Red! I love bold
- Earth, wind or fire? Fire
- Swim, bike or run? Swim
- Snap, crackle or pop? Ohhhhh SNAP
- Faith, hope or charity? Charity, always! Put action behind your words!
- Good, bad or ugly? Good!
- Peter, Paul or Mary? Haha no idea
- Alvin, Simon or Theodore? Theodore- I’m a sucker for a nerd!
- Where is your next vacation? India hopefully but possibly Barcelona and Lisbon!
- What’s your favorite book? Pillars of the Earth and Girl, Wash Your Face. Favorite movie? Anything funny latent with sarcasm- Wedding Crashers is a fave for sure! Favorite spot on earth? Pacific City, Oregon. Amsterdam, Barcelona, Santorini